Welcome to Week 3 of our 2017 Australian Survivor Power Rankings!
Your three Power Rankers for this season are superfans – aka #SurvivorAU megafans, James ‘I’ll get on the show one day’ Rowland, the easily confused Jonathan Sloan, along with first-time watcher Josh Willett.
We’ll look at the contestants tribe by tribe, ranking in terms of who we think is the favourite to win at this point. All three of us are unspoiled so don’t stress about this ruining the outcome for you lovely souls.
This season, three of us will take a weekly look at each player left in the game, ranking them in order from most likely – least likely to win the game as of the end of the weeks’ action.
The scoring system is pretty simple; each ranker receives points correlating to the Survivor’s ranking the week they are voted out. For example, if the next person voted out was Anneliese, James would score 4 points, Jonathan would score 6 and Josh would also score 6. At the end of the season, the highest scorer wins.
This segment, and this website in general, is all about feedback, so please comment/tweet about who you agree with, and make this a real discussion between the fan community.
Competition Standings (Up until the end of episode 7) – Sam and Mark voted out this week.
1. James – 32 Points
2. Jonathan – 27 Points
3. Josh – 25 Points
|1||Jarrad Seng||Nicola ‘Ziggy’ Zagame||Jarrad Seng|
|2||Nicola ‘Ziggy’ Zagame||Jarrad Seng||Aaron ‘AK’ Knight|
|3||Tessa O’Halloran||Tessa O’Halloran||Nicola ‘Ziggy’ Zagame|
|4||Anneliese Wilson||Peter Conte||Peter Conte|
|5||Aaron ‘AK’ Knight||Aaron ‘AK’ Knight||Tessa O’Halloran|
|6||Peter Conte||Anneliese Wilson||Anneliese Wilson|
|7||Locky Gilbert||Locky Gilbert||Locky Gilbert|
|8||Tara Pitt||Tara Pitt||Tara Pitt|
- Jarrad has shown no signs that has made me change my decision to keep him at the top spot. He has the strongest relationships within the majority alliance and is also not being targeted by Tara and Locky.
- Ziggy is in a strong spot in the majority and her challenge prowess means she probably won’t be targeted if there is a swap of some sort. She is showing her social game is pretty on point too.
- Another good week from Tessa. One of the best moments from the week was when Tara had an emotional breakdown from being low on numbers, Tessa and AK were just eating some fruit and slamming on Tara. Tessa has found her crew and she has settled into a slower style of play which is perfect for the time being.
- Maybe a bit controversial having a person in the minority this high in the rankings but hear me out. There are bigger threats in Tara and Locky that the majority will want to deal with before thinking about Anneliese. She also brought it in the challenges so there is less of a cloud on her being a liability there.
- AK has slipped a bit for me only because of Tara’s insistent calling out of him to other people. I don’t believe Tara has much pull but the notion of AK being too smart or erratic may weigh on people such as Ziggy and Peter and they may want to deal with AK prior to a merge or swap.
- I think Peter is safe for the next two votes but I don’t know where he lies once Locky and Tara go home. If there is indeed no swap until the proper merge, I believe he may be targeted when there is six left on this tribe.
- Locky did okay in the wake of the blindside which left him and Tara on the bottom. If Samatau lose two in a row I expect him to be safe. If they do continue their winning streak though, I expect him to be culled as the other tribe members will feel more comfortable losing him closer to a merge.
- Tara played just as bad as anyone could play this week. She outwardly moaned and called people out for blindsiding others. Not really the way to fight your way back from the bottom.
- Ziggy isn’t being shown much, but there’s a lot of work going on behind the scenes. She’s somehow flipped twice, and yet everyone seems to want to work with her.
- I’ve bumped Jarrad off the top spot for the first time all season, not because he’s done anything wrong, but because Ziggy’s really picked her game up.
- The target on Tessa’s back is getting smaller by the day, and unless her game gets ruined by a swap or something, she should be there come the merge.
- Turns out that I was very wrong about Peter escaping the wrath of Tara after flipping on Aimee. He could definitely be a target for the minority alliance moving forward.
- AK is moving at the speed of light this season, and he’s playing at 200% all the time. If he can do it for 55 days, I’ll be very impressed, but that the moment I just can’t see that happening.
- I spent last week saying she was the weakest link and then she won immunity for her tribe. A good week for Anneliese, and I think she’s helped by the fact that she’s not really threatening anybody.
- Locky’s whole pitch at the moment is that he’s strong and is needed to win challenges. But now that Mark is gone from Asaga, is he really that necessary?
- Tara’s biggest weakness is that it’s incredibly obvious that she holds a grudge. Her best case scenario is a swap that will let her flip over to join Asaga. That would be ironic, wouldn’t it?
- Jarrad didn’t get nearly enough credit for setting up the blindside of Aimee last week, but more importantly, managed to avoid any of the heat from Locky and Tara which is now aimed all AK’s way. Very clever play.
- AK was given most of the credit for the downfall of the “misfits alliance” or whatever it was called, and could be in trouble if Locky or Tara manage to regain a majority, but he’s sitting pretty for the time being.
- Ziggy is strongly placed within the majority and is an absolute machine in the challenges, and seems happy working away in the background for now.
- Peter is another one who is just happily nestled towards the bottom of the majority at the moment – he’s important for numbers for any kind of majority and I think he knows it.
- Tessa looks to have leveraged herself from the easy vote off to an important part of the new majority alliance and is safe for now.
- Anneliese is one of the three that has now found themselves on the outer of the main alliance, but she appears to be the lower priorities for AK’s alliance which works in her favour.
- Locky seems to be in strife as one of AK’s main threats. I’d say they’ll keep him around for his physicality but that’s what I said about Mark and we all know how that turned out.
- Tara is still Locky’s main offsider and clearly doesn’t get along with AK. I think she’s in serious trouble if AK maintains control.
|1||Sarah Tilleke||Sarah Tilleke||Henry Nicholson|
|2||Henry Nicholson||Henry Nicholson||Jacqui Patterson|
|3||Odette Blacklock||Jacqui Patterson||Sarah Tilleke|
|4||Kent Nelson||Odette Blacklock||Jericho Malabonga|
|5||Jacqui Patterson||Kent Nelson||Luke Toki|
|6||Michelle Dougan||Ben Morgan||Ben Morgan|
|7||Ben Morgan||Michelle Dougan||Odette Blacklock|
|8||Jericho Malabonga||Luke Toki||Michelle Dougan|
|9||Luke Toki||Jericho Malabonga||Kent Nelson|
- What makes a good survivor player? One part is too not let emotions dictate your moves. Sarah saw that the smart move was to lie straight to her friend Sam and then vote her off. She also avoided the blowback from Mr. Gash who targeted Henry and Jacqui even though Sarah was just as much in on the move as them.
- Henry has been exposed as a strategic player which is a bit of an issue. He did manage to keep a large majority and has the security of the idol so he is in a good position. He needs to solidify his sub-alliance to make sure Jericho and Luke don’t launch a revenge vote his way.
- Odette – Under the radar √ Strong in challenges √ In the majority √ Air time X
- Kent has boosted up my rankings in a big way. Kent is strong with Henry and Jacqui and will do pretty easily make the merge now.
- Jacqui’s performance at tribal left a little to be desired. Her arguments for her not being in a power couple are basically the same as she used against Mark and Sam. She avoided the majority but she was also the recipient of some votes. Don’t make the mistake and think that she won’t be again.
- Michelle is making the mistake of trying to prove to everyone how much she is doing when the play for her type is to be under the radar. We’ll see if she can overturn the power. Don’t count on it.
- Does Ben actually know what he’s doing? I honestly can’t tell. He is on the right side of the votes so he is obviously doing something right, I’m hoping he can come out and wrestle the power away from Henry and Jacqui instead of floating along too long.
- What did I say Jericho. Your blind loyalty/crushing on Luke has put you in the position where you have voted the wrong way when let’s be honest, you probably knew it wasn’t going to pay off. You should of been smarter than this.
- I understand what Luke was trying to do… vote off the alpha male. LUKE, that was already happening! If he just went with the majority this vote, Henry would of been the next natural target as the alpha. But Luke can’t think too far ahead, it might hurt his brain.
- Just like Ziggy over on Samatau, everyone wants to work with Sarah but nobody’s thinks that she’s a threat to their games. Looking like a strong post-merge player. I’m getting serious Brooke from s1 flashbacks from her.
- Henry still has an idol, so good on him. That’s the only reason I’ve put him above Jacqui.
- Jacqui escaped the first target on her, and I’m pretty sure she’s a good enough player to continue deflecting the attention onto others.
- Odette’s had several strong showings in challenges lately, and was able to read the numbers on the Mark vote. Hopefully we start to see a bit more of her.
- Is Kent in a good spot? Yes. Is Kent a good liar? Hell no.
- BEN GOT A CONFESSIONAL!!!!! (yeah basically everything he said was kinda wrong but don’t worry). The hype train is about to leave guys. Jump on board.
- Seriously, who the hell is Michelle?
- I’m unashamed Luke fan, but even I’ll admit voting for Jacqui was a serious misread on Luke’s part. Hopefully he can bounce back quickly and convince everyone he was just being crazy old Luke.
- Damn, King Jericho’s subjects left pretty damn quickly when he didn’t have any more cookies to offer, and I have a terrible feeling that Jericho is way more loyal to Luke than Luke is to him.
- Henry pulled some big moves this week, seizing definitive control of the tribe, and he still has that immunity idol hidden up his sleeve. With Sam gone everyone else seems happy to go along with his yoga persona. He’s still sitting in a strong position.
- Jacqui’s survived Mark’s attempt to save himself by pulling her down and remains in her strong power couple that definitely isn’t a power couple with Henry. While he retains the power, she is completely safe.
- Sarah is a still performing strongly and seems to be a key member of Henry’s alliance while remaining very aware of what else is going on. I thinking she’ll be a key player deep in the game.
- Jericho had a quiet week this week which works in his favour, he’s happy flying under the radar for as long as he can I reckon.
- Luke has seen Henry flex his control this week and doesn’t seem too happy about it, it’ll be interesting to see if he can pull enough numbers together to make a major move.
- Was good to see Ben finally getting some airtime this week. He’s just quietly chipping away and I think he knows what he’s doing – not that I have any way of knowing that from the way the show has been edited together.
- Odette seems to be the strong, silent type from what I’ve seen but I’m happy to put some blame for that towards the editors. It means I really have no idea where she’s at socially, but she is strong in the challenges which works in her favour.
- Michelle thinks she’s towards the bottom of the pile because she’s been struggling in the challenges, and while I haven’t really noticed that, if she has then everyone else probably has too.
- Kent is still plugging away in the challenges and will be happy to see the major players slugging it out because he becomes an important number in the broader picture. He also gets along well with Jacqui which helps him, but I’m not sure how many more weeks we can stand that speedo. You’re a braver man than I am Kent.
What do you think? Are we close at all or way off? Who has the best chance to win our competition?
Thanks for reading!