Welcome to Week 4 of our 2017 Australian Survivor Power Rankings!
Your three Power Rankers for this season are superfans – aka #SurvivorAU megafans, James ‘I’ll get on the show one day’ Rowland, the easily confused Jonathan Sloan, along with first-time watcher Josh Willett.
We’ll look at the contestants tribe by tribe, ranking in terms of who we think is the favourite to win at this point. All three of us are unspoiled so don’t stress about this ruining the outcome for you lovely souls.
This season, three of us will take a weekly look at each player left in the game, ranking them in order from most likely – least likely to win the game as of the end of the weeks’ action.
The scoring system is pretty simple; each ranker receives points correlating to the Survivor’s ranking the week they are voted out. For example, if the next person voted out was Anneliese, James would score 4 points, Jonathan would score 4 and Josh would score 7. At the end of the season, the highest scorer wins.
This segment, and this website in general, is all about feedback, so please comment/tweet about who you agree with, and make this a real discussion between the fan community.
Competition Standings (Up until the end of episode 9) – Jacqui voted out this week.
1. James – 37 Points (+5)
2. Jonathan – 30 Points (+3)
3. Josh – 27 Points (+2)
|1||Peter Conte||Nicola ‘Ziggy’ Zagame||Jarrad Seng|
|2||Tessa O’Halloran||Henry Nicholson (New)||Henry Nicholson (New)|
|3||Jarrad Seng||Jarrad Seng||Nicola ‘Ziggy’ Zagame|
|4||Nicola ‘Ziggy’ Zagame||Peter Conte||Tessa O’Halloran|
|5||Henry Nicholson (New)||Tessa O’Halloran||Peter Conte|
|6||Ben Morgan (New)||Locky Gilbert||Ben Morgan (New)|
|7||Aaron ‘AK’ Knight||Ben Morgan (New)||Locky Gilbert|
|8||Locky Gilbert||Aaron ‘AK’ Knight||Aaron ‘AK’ Knight|
- I see no reason for Peter to be targeted this week. The battle is being set up as AK vs Henry and Peter is not on anyone’s radar as a strategic threat.
- Tessa received some salty words from Locky at Sunday’s tribal but I don’t expect her to be targeted. If AK is to be voted out and Locky is to gain majority, I believe Locky has more animosity toward Ziggy for blatantly lying to him and ol’ honour and integrity mate won’t stand for that.
- Jarrad has finally been knocked off the top of my Samatau perch. He is still in the majority for now and if Henry does upset the applecart I think Jarrad has the game nous to land on his feet.
- Ziggy would be on top of my list if production didn’t absolutely F*** her over Sunday night. She masterfully gave Tara and Locky a false sense of security and beautifully blindsided them. Furthermore, she instigated the yelling vote so her alliance unanimously voted Anneliese. It’s a pity that this twist happened because it ruined a perfect way to play the game. If Samatau lose two in a row (unlikely) she may be the second to go.
- Henry has caused plenty of debate in the survivor fan world. Was it a silly move to leave your tribe when you probably had the majority? Yes it was.
But is Henry a smart enough guy to know that losing your perceived number 2 while gaining the idol solely to yourself without anyone knowing is such a bad thing? Maybe not. The problem is that Ben was never in Henry’s main alliance and therefore Ben has no reason to stick with him. Henry may have to use his idol to save himself and then sweat on winning until the merge.
- We can all agree that Ben’s move to switch tribes was probably the right one. He or Michelle was next to go on old Asaga so it made sense. If the 5 on Samatau can identify Ben as the straggler he will be safe for a couple of votes.
- AK has a big chance to go home this week, not because he doesn’t have majority, it is because he is blatantly known as a super-fan and has proven to be a strategic mastermind – Locky’s words. Henry won’t want another threat out there and will try and idol out AK.
- Locky will be hellbent on voting out AK the next time Samatau go to tribal. He should know that AK will try and split the votes. Locky is going to have to find a third and then get Henry play his idol correctly. And that’s if Henry even discloses the information that he has an idol to Locky! It’s a tall order.
- Ziggy yelling out at Tribal that she was voting for Anneliese is the smartest game move we’ve seen in two seasons of Australian Survivor. Huge upside going forward, especially given that everybody still wants to work with her.
- This could be controversial, but I didn’t hate Henry’s call to swap tribes. Yes, he severely dogged Jacqui, but if he uses this to idol out a big threat and get some new allies to replace her, this could be a net positive for my boy.
- Another week of Jarrad laying low and looking smart = another week near the top of the rankings.
- I really hope Peter gets through to the merge because I could see him being a huge threat in endurance challenges. Basically, he just needs to stay off Henry’s radar and he should be fine.
- Ever since Tarzan left, we really haven’t seen much of Tessa, which I assume means that she’s just sitting comfortably at the moment.
- Locky really needs to capitalise on Henry’s appearance on this tribe. If those two can link up, he has a huge opportunity to go far into the game.
- I’ve been very clear of my love for Ben this season, and I feel seriously bad for the bloke. Even JLP has been ripping into him in challenges, which I reckon is harsh, considering how exhausting it must be going from Samoa to Etihad Stadium every few days to play full forward for North Melbourne.
- AK’s so confusing for me, not even his game but as a character in general. I don’t know if we’re supposed to be rooting for him or against him. Is he the hero or the villain? I genuinely can’t tell. Anyway,I can’t see this edit ending well for AK, so being on the receiving end of a Henry idol play is definitely on the cards. And I’m sorry mate, I really am, but I’m fine with that. I don’t know how much of ‘The AK Show’ I can take.
- Jarrad is looking as impressive as ever, and although I don’t know exactly what makes up a good game, I think he’s playing a really good game so far. Quiet and understated while still pulling the strings when he needs to.
- Henry made a controversial move across the tribes, he’s getting on well with his new tribemates and he’s signalled his intention to keep making bold moves. With his (still) hidden immunity idol, I don’t see why he won’t keep powering along.
- Ziggy is still smashing challenges, and still a core member of the majority without being the major threat. She showed her clear game smarts by making sure the alliance knew to vote out Anneliese.
- I can’t believe how well Tessa has managed to turn it around after her disastrous start and is a key part of the tribe now. She’s definitely safe for now.
- Peter is one that I still can’t get much of a read on. He seems fairly solid just based on the fact that he’s not a massive threat to anyone. Having said that, he’s a key number for the potential Henry vs AK battle that’s surely on the cards. He could be in for an interesting week.
- Ben would probably be the easy vote for Samatau, but with the amount of conflict within the tribe, I think there would need to be a couple of big moves before he ends up on the chopping block.
- Locky is still on the outer, but Henry’s arrival could be his lifeline. If Henry can wrestle control then I think he’s safe, but if not, he’s in serious trouble
- It’s a big call (unless the other boys said the same thing, and then this won’t look nearly as controversial), but I think AK could find himself in some serious trouble this week. Henry and Locky are gunning for him, and I think they’ll be able to rustle up an extra number or two and make a big move. Plus I’m falling well behind in the rankings and need something big to catch up. Don’t @ me.
|1||Luke Toki||Jericho Malabonga||Sarah Tilleke|
|2||Michelle Dougan||Sarah Tilleke||Luke Toki|
|3||Jericho Malabonga||Luke Toki||Jericho Malabonga|
|4||Anneliese Wilson (New)||Anneliese Wilson (New)||Odette Blacklock|
|5||Sarah Tilleke||Michelle Dougan||Michelle Dougan|
|6||Tara Pitt (New)||Odette Blacklock||Kent Nelson|
|7||Odette Blacklock||Tara Pitt (New)||Anneliese Wilson (New)|
|8||Kent Nelson||Kent Nelson||Tara Pitt (New)|
- Luke has gone from the bottom of my rankings to the top faster than a rocket ship. The social game Luke is playing is flawless at the moment. The swap did help him a bit but he did that little push to ensure Henry left the tribe which I really enjoyed. He connects with people on a personal level rather than being a game-bot like Jacqui unfortunately was.
- Michelle was unreal this week. Going from basically silent to a social threat in one episode. Michelle spoke to Anneliese and Tara in a way where they felt comfortable in a unique time where they had just been blindsided and needed coddling/security. She followed up this great play with more points at tribal which sealed Jacqui’s fate.
- Jericho is much the same as Luke. He found the opening and didn’t push the girls too hard. He also roasted Jacqui in voting confessional and it was as cold as ice. <3 Jericho
- Anneliese is now firmly in a majority and is not a threat to be sent home.
- Sarah came under some fire this week and if the other side was more subtle she may well of gone home. She had a tiny slip up in shooing away Kent and if he highlights that Sarah is a threat in a way that will appeal to Luke (who is known to change it up) she could be in trouble.
- Tara was the aim of the votes for the other side and she could be seen as an expendable threat. Luke and co. may decide that even though she has disowned ‘Samataor’ that there is one too many of them left.
- Odette was on the wrong side of the numbers and didn’t have the social awareness to find this out before the vote.
- Kent did his best and I am enjoying Kent this season. His push for Sarah was right after seeing that the vote wasn’t going toward Tara. Unfortunately it was too late and the free agents were snapped up. Kent is the next natural target as he was close to Jacqui.
- Jericho has had a huge week, going from the very bottom of my rankings to the top. But what’s strange about this is that he didn’t really do that much. Was a massive beneficiary of the tribe swap, and has Luke as a shield for the moment.
- Sarah has been playing the middle all season but was called out this week. However, I trust that she’s good enough to get back to a safe spot and deflect the target elsewhere.
- I’m a hardcore Luke fan, and I’ve loved everything he’s done so far, but I am worried that his head is gonna get a little bit big after his recent victory. The second he’s seen as the leader, he’s in trouble.
- Anneliese had a breakout week this week and established herself as the better game player of the two girls who got swapped. She made a great pitch at Tribal, so I think she’s in it for the long haul.
- So this week we were introduced to Michelle, and all I really learned is that she’s a wine mum. Good on ya Michelle. Eagerly awaiting further updates.
- The fact that Odette seems to be keeping her mouth shut is a good sign in a season where so many people seem to want to be heard this early. Should fly under the radar a little longer.
- For the moment, Tara’s ok, but I can definitely imagine that, after this small victory, she’s gonna go back to her cocky best.
- Kent seems like a genuinely good strategic player, but this tribe swap has really not worked out well for him. Sorry mate, but it’s not looking good.
- Henry defecting to Samatau is huge for Luke, and his ability to successfully oust Jacqui signals his potential to control the tribe. It’s hard to see anyone going head to head with him for the time being.
- Sarah is starting to play a key role in the big plays, while avoiding too much of the spotlight. She’s looking really solid for the time being.
- Jericho’s tribal council speech was like something out of Braveheart, and he’s still good mates with Luke which puts him in a good place for the moment.
- Odette is still a machine, and I know it’s week 4 and she has spoken on screen for a probably grand total of 5 times – but you know what they say, it’s the quiet ones you have to look out for.
- Look, I’m not certain about much with Michelle, but I think she’s part of Luke’s alliance?
- I know I’ve have been harsh on Kent in the past, and moving him up my rankings might be risky given he could actually be in strife this week after his alliance with Henry and Jacqui crumbled Having said that, he’s managed to stick around this long so who knows? Keep proving me wrong Kent!
- The lack of conflict within the tribe may spell trouble for the new girls, and having made up the numbers to get rid of Jacqui, Anneliese might find herself on the outer if the main tribe decide to stick with “Asaga strong”.
- Tara is obviously in pretty much the same spot as Anneliese. I have no idea how she’ll fit into Asaga for the time being, particularly as the more vocal of the new arrivals. Could be gone quickly if she tries to rock the boat.
What do you think? Are we close at all or way off? Who has the best chance to win our competition?
Thanks for reading!